January 15, 2009

Aloha Friday #15 (Ringtones)

Play along at An Island Life for Aloha Friday. In Hawaii, Aloha Friday is the day that we take it easy and look forward to the weekend. So I thought that on Fridays I would take it easy on posting, too. Therefore, I’ll ask a simple question for you to answer. Nothing that requires a lengthy response. If you’d like to participate, just post your own question on your blog and leave your link at An Island Life. Don’t forget to visit the other participants! It’s a great way to make new bloggy friends!


My question this week….. (answer one or all)

Do you have a special ringtone on your cell phone?

What is your ring tone?
Does that ringtone define you?
Has your ringtone ever embarrassed you?


I just got a new cell phone and of course now I need a new ringtone. I hate that AT&T doesn’t let you carry over the items that you have purchased like ringtones and games. I here Verizon now has an option to transfer those items that you have previously purchased but I am an AT&T customer so I am stuck with purchasing a new ring tone. Someone needs to tell AT&T to catch up with the times.

Previously my ringtone was “When the Stars Go Blue” by Tim McGraw (polyphonic tone only). I like my ringtone to be a song that I really like but also something that won’t embarrass me no matter where it goes off or who here’s it. (Example in Church when I have forgotten to turn it off)

Now my husband also got a new phone and this is a relief to me because I hated his old ringtone. He had this voice tone that said “Hey bubba pick up the phone” It is the most embarrassing ringtone he could have chosen. When he picked it he thought it was funny. Since then he has said it wasn’t the best choice especially when it rings at work in the middle of a meeting, not exactly professional… LOL.

I really need a new ringtone and I am looking for some good ideas.

25 Comments Welcome:

Kristin.... said...

Hi! You're my Valentine friend over at An Island Life. Drop me an email so we can get to know each other! This should be fun!

Cathi said...

My cell phone is so boring! The only rings I use are the musical ones built in the phone. When my husband was working, I used it all the time to talk with him and had special ringtones but now it's just a plain old cell phone. I actually rarely use my cell.

Diane said...

i have different ringtones for different callers. i used to have it set for, when my daughters calling me, stewie from family guy going "Mom. Mom. Momma. Mommy. Mama. Ma." over and over again. because it reminded me of them. They are CONSTANTLY saying my name! I want to change it from Mom to... anything some days! lol

eventually i had to let that one go though because it got waaaaay too annoying!

Margo said...

I always get obsessed with my ring tone in waves - especially after getting a new phone. I like all kinds of piano music... I love some of the jazzy, dave brubeck type choices out there. It's nice because it gets my attention but is never embarassing. I had You're a Mean one Mr. Grinch over christmas for a day, but it made me grinchy so I took it off.

Anonymous said...

I think I'm using the default ringtone - it was the one that annoyed me the least. I really don't like the non-ringer sounding ring tones - I mean they are fine for other people, just not for me.

Fifty Years Passed said...

My ringtone is Amy Grant singing "Emmanuel". My call back tone used to be "Angels Watching Over Me" but it expired so now it got changed to Vivaldi's Spring" Even my agnostic brother used to sing along with Angels Watching Over Me whenever he left a voice mail message. I miss it.

Anonymous said...

I have a few for diffrent people!

my husbands calls and it plays love is in the air by milk and suger

the bean calls me and it plays 7 things i hate about you by miley cyrus

mom calls and it plays whip it by devo

dad calls and it plays crazy train by ozzy

Anonymous said...

My kids choose my ringtones (of course with my ok - if it's too weird I have them change it :)

CaseyDeuce said...

I've got a plain ol' standard ringtone on my phone. Not like I get any calls that I need a fancy ringtone at all!

The Farmer Files said...

I use the default ring tone, but I want jimmy buffet....brown eye girl. ;)

Hawaii Mom Blog said...

Super Troopers by ABBA--when DS1 was still in my tummy he loved to "dance" whenever I played ABBA.

Anonymous said...

I have one of the pre-programmed ring tones and my kids wanted to pick it out so they did. It has no significance to me at all. :)

Beth @ TheAngelForever said...

On my old phone I had several different ring tones. I have just been too lazy to bother with my new phone. I had "Who Needs Sleep" by BNL for my default, an Elvis song for my parents, and wanted hubby to put the Jaws theme on for my out-laws, but never got that.

Jennifer said...

I have the theme song to Then Big Bang Theory. No it does not define me, I just find it a nice change. I usually have classical music.

Jenni said...

Mine is 867-5309 Jenny I've got your number. I love it.

Melissa, Multi-Tasking Mama said...

I am tech challenged so I always just go with the music-icky ones that come with the phone LOL Hope you do better than that!

Country Mouse, City Mouse said...

Cell phone...what is that? I don't have one now that I am a SAHM, I don't usually leave town, and if I do I am with my husband.

Call me backwards!!

janetfaye said...

I just have a plain ringtone.

Proud Mommy said...

I'm not even sure if I purchased a ring tone, if I would be able to get it to my phone!!!! I've only had the ones that come with the phone. I wish I had a cool one though!!!

Tara said...

Our home phone ring is a recording of my son and I singing.. We Wish you a Merry Christmas.. LOL I think its time to change it. And yes, last time someone was here.. it rang and they were wondering where the singing was coming from.. I was kind of embarrassed lol

Heatherlyn said...

I have no special ringtone. Right now, it vibrates three times and then rings (some type of ring) three times. I've never heard a ring tone I like enough to put on my phone. There is no piece of music I want to hear the first few measures of as many times as my phone rings.

Queenie Jeannie said...

I have the ole cheapie free phone so I can't have those cute ringtones but I DO have a ringback. As my name is Jeannie, I have the "I dream of Jeannie" show theme song! It gets alot of laughs, lol!

Not embarrassed - I am who I am!!

Do you like Pampered Chef? I'm hosting an online party from 1/17 - 1/30. Please email me if you'd like an invitation!

Jennifer-Eighty MPH Mom said...

My ringtone is "Our Song" by Taylor Swift. I just love that song. It hasn't really embarassed me, but I have a hard time NOT singing along when it rings in public!

http://eightymphmom.blogspot.com/

Heather of the EO said...

Would you believe I'm lame enough to have no clue how to make a song my ringer?

Don't answer that.

My rings are boring.

I'm going to have to work on this, even if it's embarrassing :)

Maggie said...

Mine is just a plain ringing phone sound. But, OMG, my sister's phone will embarass the crap outta me when we are together. Her's goes off and literally takes her 10 years to find it in her purse - YOU WANNA PIECE OF ME (Britney) is going off at mach 9 and I'm sure I'm red faced - esp. in quiet settings! And to make matters worse, her 5 year old has memorized the song and starts singing to the words and dancing, Brit style, until it stops. LOL

Template by - Abdul Munir | Daya Earth Blogger Template