May 18, 2009

Motivate Me Monday

Time again for another round of Motivate Me Monday. Play along; share your favorite exercise and/or diet tips and tricks. Tell us what gets you motivated and moving in your everyday life.

All of a sudden I am totally motivated. I have been working out like a mad woman this past week. For me I believe the motivation is the fact that in 3 weeks we are going on vacation and I am going to have to wear a swim-suit. I have never been one who likes to wear a swim suite. I am an extremely self conscious person. I don’t care about what my actual weight is, I have never been one to measure my body based on what a scale says. I look at my shape and what is happening with my body that way. Right now I am in horrible shape but I am working on it. For me right now I am hitting the weights hard, and doing a lot of core work. I hate crunches they feel like a waist of time so I am all about core work.

I have also made a major discovery…. Something I have heard, over and over again but never really listened to it. The recovery drink, I use to think this was just a gimmick to get people to buy stuff they don’t need. I am a person that hates supplements, and all the other crap that everyone thinks will work miracles for them. It just seems unhealthy to me to put stuff in our bodies that was man made and is not natural. However I have found that if I drink a glass of milk and add protein to my milk I recover much faster and my muscles are not a total mess for days. I love to push a work out really hard but then I suffer for days after words with really sore achy muscles. Because I end up so sore I don’t push myself as hard, but if I push it really hard and then have my protein I hurt but I am not in serious can’t move kind of pain.

So tell me what do you think of all the diet products and supplements on the market today? Are you a slave to the scale or do you ignore it and focus on a health appearance?

Play along, get motivated and enjoy a health life. As always support each other in our efforts.


6 Comments Welcome:

Heatherlyn said...

It sounds like we will be on vacation at the same time, because I'm having the exact same thoughts of "oh my, I've gotta put on a bathing suit in 3 weeks!". I think I might start running more often. That is my best all body work-out. BUT weights are great for toning. And I'm like you, the scale doesn't mean much. It's just if I like what I see in the mirror that matters.

As far as supplements. I know that some types of supplements really are great. They provide things that our bodies need and aren't getting from other sources. As long as the body can absorb the supplement, and you can tell if it does by the way you feel!

really.truly said...

ooooh, I want some of your motivation to rub off on me. I should be working out, I always make an excuse. Now, my hubby is good about working out and he loves protein shakes. I don't think he has ever used the recovery drinks, but he swears by protein!

Going on vacation sounds wonderful!

T Rex Mom said...

Swim suits are an excellent way to motivate oneself to get into shape.

I used to do a protein supplement in late pregnancy and the early breastfeeding days. I've found extended breastfeeding to be the best way I could lose weight. Then add an hour long walk a day pushing the T Rex, and pilates twice a week, and I'm there. I'd like to tone a few more things but at least I have not had to curb my eating habits.

Thanks for the motivation! Where did you finally decide to go for vacation?

Caitlin said...

I generally ignore the dieting products and just try to eat an all around healthy balance. And ice cream. And I don't look at the scale much, just go by how my clothes fit.

Good for you for working out more! I need the motivation- fingers crossed that it works! :)

Teri said...

I've been walking like crazy for the last six weeks. Just up to 7 miles today. Feels wonderful.

Has that recovery drink really been working for you? I, too, have all that achiness after I hit the weights at the gym. I should try this.

Peanut said...

Nothing like the threat of a swim suit, eh? My husband says I'm ruining family time because I can't find a swim suit that I'm comfortable in!

I tend to be a bit of a slave to the scale, weighing myself every morning. I know it's normal to bounce around by a few pounds, but still, I feel frustrated when the numbers go up instead of down. That and the swimsuit thing, you'd think I'd be motivated to exercise, wouldn't you?

Template by - Abdul Munir | Daya Earth Blogger Template