Thomas is finally becoming compliant to sitting on the potty. For the longest time he would yell, “No, No” when I would ask him to sit on the potty. Something has finally changed and here recently every time he pees in his diaper he tells me “die-er, die-er, (diaper) and then he goes and grabs his little potty. I take off the still warm wet diaper and sit him on the potty. The fact that he identifies one action with another is a great start.
He rarely pees in the potty, most of the time he sits happily and if I am not watching closely he will stand up and pee all over my floor. Personally I think he likes to pee standing up just because he will sit forever and do nothing and moments later he will stand up and it flows like a river onto the floor.
I am always happy to see his smiling face sitting on the potty clapping because he thinks he is pleasing me. Of course we do have a new problem, he finds it hysterical to lean forward and tip over while on the potty. He laughs and laughs as he says “whoopsie”. This is fine and cute while the potty is empty but when he starts peeing in it, it is going to be quite the mess and not nearly as entertaining to mom.






8 Comments Welcome:
At least he sits on the potty. Josiah wont go near it, hopefully something will click and he'll want to use it! =)
Yea for Thomas! It is so nice when they start to make the connection! We are right there with ya with the potty training.
Haha! Whoopsie indeed! That would be quite the mess! Go Thomas Go for using the potty! We're impressed!
Good job!
It's always exciting when they start to make a connection.
What a great photo of Thomas!
Oh gosh, that would be a mess!! LOL That is so awesome - Jonah is NO WHERE near being potty trained. He is starting to talk about the potty more now, though, and taking notice of when others have to "potty". He has yet to go for us at home, but he has gone at daycare one time. We have a LONG road ahead of us I'm afraid!
Potty training is so much fun! Well, more like an adventure than fun. But still, what a cutie your little guy is!
Our boys sit down to pee when they go to the bathroom inside a house so I never had a chance to try this but I heard somewhere that you can put a few cheerios in the toilet and tell them to aim and hit the cheerios. I can imagine that it would be great fun for a little boy and would really motivate them to go in the toilet
And then one day they are trained and you almost forget what it was like to change 6-12 diapers per day LOL.
My youngest will sit on the pot...but will not do anything at all...but smile...and jump off then jump on the potty again..then jump off again...lol...one day maybe he will use it...
It has been a long while since I have been reading blogs, time is such an issue now a days...i am reading yours first today..I miss chatting with you. I hope you and your family are doing well...
I thought I would let you know that we have started doing a low gluten to no gluten diet with my Seb. He is doing so much better..he also still on rice milk, but I have to say with him not eating sooo much gluten he is doing tons better...how is your little man doing?
Post a Comment